Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Bookshelf



What do I keep on my bookshelf? Everything, from my books (plenty of those), to my DVDs, to my kids’ toys and sketches, pictures of my loved ones , and more…notepads, coins, reminders, favorite nicknacks…everything in display, a little messy and random, but “mine”, like a mirror of what is meaningful to me, a display of the thoughts that crowd my mind and fill my days.  

On Mina’s Bookshelf you will find mostly books, books and movies reviews, my book recommendations and suggestions, but also my thoughts on whatever catches my attention in between laundry, cooking, dusting, gardening, homework, family time and so forth…so much to do and so little time for a   woman/housewife/mother of two. No rest for the wicked!

Books are my childhood friends, my stress-relief therapy, my wings to fly to faraway lands and distant times in the past or the future, my source of knowledge and inspiration.  I simply adore them  and consume them aplenty.  I never give up reading a book through the last page, even when I am not enthusiast about it, and I am in awe of whoever manages to accomplish the labor of love that writing a book involves.

A house without books is like a body without soul according to Cicero. Thomas Jefferson couldn’t live without books and Paul Auster reminds us never to underestimate the power of books.  And while outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend, inside of a dog it's too dark to read…couldn’t  agree more with Groucho Marx. All in all, they are the greatest transportation mean when you want to travel but you are forced to stay where you are.

Come see my bookshelf, enjoy it, hate it, comment about it, grab whatever item catches your eye and take a better look, “rant and rave” if you wish. Just keep it clean…bookshelves can get pretty messy sometimes.

Mina 




No comments:

Post a Comment